Urban parking guidance in Aranda de Duero to improve mobility and make parking easier in the blue zone.
To end the traffic congestion in Aranda de Duero caused by vehicles searching for parking spots in the blue zone.
In Aranda de Duero, the large number of vehicles circulating through the city center was causing congestion and complications when looking for parking. This meant stress for citizens and pollution for the city. The goal of the project implemented in Aranda de Duero was to lower the amount of traffic searching for parking in the city center by making the process simpler and quicker for users.
The project in Aranda de Duero included a total of 272 spots in the blue zone monitored with U-Spot.
The smart parking guidance solution was installed in the parking spots in the blue zone. With this system, the data captured by the sensors are transformed into useful information to show the availability of free spots at the strategic points in the city via message signs. In this way, drivers can head directly to the free spots.
With this solution, traffic congestion and pollution in the city center have dropped by as much as 30%, and inhabitants can enjoy a more pleasant environment.
- Reduces the amount of time needed to search for a parking spot
- Parking zones are used optimally
- Reduces traffic caused by searching for parking
- Promotes local businesses by improving mobility
- Decreases the amount of pollution caused by vehicle emissions
- Lowers the amount of noise caused by excess vehicles